If you received more benefits than you were supposed to, the state might let you keep it.
Florida Department of Economic Opportunity shared unemployment updates Tuesday and included a criteria for claimants who could be eligible to keep overpayments from the federal government.
— Sara Girard (@SaraGirardNews) April 27, 2021
Federal Overpayment Waiver
- Eligible claimants who are currently receiving federal Reemployment Assistance benefits may be eligible to receive an overpayment waiver for overpayments established on their claims
- At this time, CONNECT has been updated to implement a waiver form for newly established overpayments for claimants receiving PUA and PEUC benefits
- The overpayment waiver for MEUC, FPUC, and LWA benefits will be available to claimants soon
- The overpayment waiver will not be available for state Reemployment Assistance benefits
- Eligible claimants must meet the following criteria to quality to receive an overpayment waiver:
- The claimant must not be at fault for the creation of the overpayments; and
Recovery of the overpayment would be contrary to equity and good conscience
- For more information about the federal Overpayment Waiver, click here